Monday, June 27, 2011

My weekend...

This weekend was wonderful.  Not because of anything extraordinary, but because I was able to spend it with family.  We were able to enjoy the great weather and just relax and celebrate my birthday.  Ron even got me tickets to see Cirque du Soleil this Thursday in Chicago, which I cannot wait for!  I have been wanting to see them live for years.  We are planning on hanging around downtown for the day and are having my family watch the kids.  It is a much needed date day and I just hope the weather cooperates.
I have been having a difficult time breathing and walking around and feel like I have definitely gotten bigger.  I am interested to see how I measure when I go back to the nurse midwife on the 7th.  I read somewhere that if a woman gets accessive fluid, it really starts to build up after the 30th week.  I am currently 31 1/2 weeks pregnant.  Annabelle is getting more active than ever and has definitely made me rethink my former opinion of her being my weakest child in-utero.  So even though I am not comfortable I am loving the feeling of having a little gymnist in me.  It's like she knows she needs to live it up while she can.  My lovely little Annabelle. 
Lately I have been thinking about how she would fit into our family and what sort of impact she will have once she arrives and I just can't picture any of it.  Will she have darker features like Danny or the shocking light features of Lilah?  Danny told me he cannot wait to see her and we have decided to take him to the ultrasound with us.  He's extremely excited to see, as he puts it, his Annabelle baby.  I will have my mom there in case he needs to leave or has had enough but I am interested to see what he thinks of her.  He knows she has a big ouchie on her head that cannot be fixed or healed and is too big for her to live with, but with his innocence I wonder if it will scare him or just make him curious when he sees her on the ultrasound missing so much.
Less than 9 weeks to go and it feels like time is flying by.  I want to pause time and box it up somehow so that I can go back to this in the future.  As difficult as this journey is, it is full of love and warmth and happiness, and I have been able to watch and appreciate my life and family more than I ever had.  I believe that Ron not finding a job this summer is a much needed blessing in disguise, and even though it's not easy financially- I believe it is more than worth it with all the family moments we have shared already.  It's the small things that I love and am glad this summer so far has been filled with wonderful small moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment