Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wedding Weekend

This past weekend my cousin got married and we travelled to Columbus, IN for the occasion. It was a very bittersweet weekend for me. I am extremely happy for my cousin and enjoyed seeing most of my mom's side of the family together, but it was emotional for me as well. My uncle (the bride's father) was able to arrange for my family to get a professional picture taken, and I will forever be grateful for that. I am so glad I got a professional picture of my immediate family, but it hit me that this could be the only picture I have (taken professionally) with Annabelle alive and kicking. I had to find a corner and just let go for a few minutes, but was able to compose myself and enjoy watching my kids have a blast on the dance floor. I'm now 29 weeks along (30 weeks on Friday) and am extremely aware that even if Annabelle goes full term my time with her is running out. The due date is no longer some distant idea, it's becoming more concrete in my mind and it's breaking my heart. I am looking forward to meeting my angel, but am terrified of having to let her go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment