Thursday, June 16, 2011

Routine Appointment

I had my routine appointment with the nurse midwife and everything is looking as good as it possibly can.  I am measuring a bit larger and can feel that I am stretching faster than I did with my previous pregnancies but am glad that Annabelle has become much more active and her heartbeat sounds beautiful!  Ron and I were able to find a study that Duke University is conducting, trying to find causes for anencephaly and I am glad that we will be able to participate.  It will in no way help our little one, but if it can help in any way to find some link for babies in the future, it will be more than worthwhile.  We are also trying to find information on tissue and organ donation and both the nursemidwife and I are having a difficult time finding anything.  I know through other mothers that states usually have a weight requirement as well as some other requirements and I am just hoping that if Annabelle is a potential donor, we will be able to find the information to help other babies in need.  Even in her short life she can help others and I am praying we find answers soon. 

On another note, I went shopping with Heather yesterday to look for preemie clothes in case Annabelle comes earlier than expected.  I am happy to say I was able to find a couple of outfits that will work, but even though I think they are adorable- I just don't feel like they are special enough for her.  I am pretty certain that nothing will feel "good enough" but I am still looking...

No comments:

Post a Comment