Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Appointment Today

We had a checkup appointment today with Deb (our wonderful nurse midwife) and Annabelle has a very strong heartbeat (between 140's-150's).  I am measuring larger, which is pointing to my having access fluid already.  I am measuring at 28-28 1/2 weeks and am 26 weeks now.  I never measured larger with my other kids.  We will have an ultrasound at 32 weeks to see how Annabelle herself is measuring, what the fluid levels are, and to see how severe the anencephaly is.  I am looking forward to this, but also nervous about hearing how severe she is.  We also spoke about different hospitals, organ/tissue donation, and other concerns regarding the birth.  At this point I was pretty happy with how the appointment went but am a bit nervous about measuring large already.  This only means that I will get larger sooner and have a possibilitly of getting pretty uncomfortable in the next several weeks.  One perk is that I don't have to do the regular glucose test and will be having an improvised 2 hour blood test done.  Which means, I need to eat a regular breakfast and 2 hours later get a blood draw.  No icky drink for me. :-)  I also have to get my rhogam shot next appointment... 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment