Friday, December 9, 2011

Harry's Law

On the show Harry's Law on NBC (I do not watch it myself) yesterday they dealt with a case of a mom who killed her baby.  The baby happened to have anencephaly.  During the show they used several incorrect facts about anencephaly but the most hurtful was the fact that they compared the baby to a houseplant.  I don't care how "brain dead" a person is, they are still a person and it hurt like crazy that they would compare a baby like Annabelle to something so inconsequential.  Annabelle was a life of her own and all babies with anencephaly deserve as much respect and dignity as any other person.  Even before Annabelle I wouldn't even think a comparison like this would be ok.  It hurts me that people can be so callous and cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment